To make use of a Raspberry Pi or to install an operating system on a newer computer, you'll need to learn how to burn a '.img' file to external storage. The easiest and most preferred method is below:
- Insert MicroSD card into MicroSD USB Reader and plug in to computer
- Unzip .img file
- Install and open Etcher
- Click "Select Image" and choose the .img file
- Click "Select Target" and choose your MicroSD card
- Click "Flash" and wait...
- After flashing the .img to your MicroSD card, Etcher will verify the contents
- When complete, unplug MicroSD card from the computer, then insert into the the destination PC or Raspberry Pi.
- Easy Peasy!