Making your own protein bars has the potential to be more cost-effective, customizable, healthier, and convenient than purchasing store-bought protein bars.
- 1 cup dates, pitted (~18 ea.)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup egg white protein powder
- 1/2 cup almonds
- A few Tbsp water
- Place the dates, cranberries, granola, chocolate chips, egg white protein, and almonds in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together and forms a dough-like consistency.
- Press the mixture into a 8x8 inch square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
- Cut into bars and serve.
You can store the protein bars in an airtight container in the fridge for a long ass time.
Ezpz. This batch also has a smidge sumin' special in 'em too.